My Friend Is Acting Distant. What Should I Do? | About Islam
Home > Ask About Islam > My Friend Is Acting Distant. What Should I Do?

My Friend Is Acting Distant. What Should I Do?

Anonymous

Aug 08, 2017

Question

Salam i had a best friend we always use to go out after college and we always use to go to mosque by our college. We went to my local mosque and one of the elderly seen me and he told my freind that i havent came to mosque in ages and my friend was shocked as he told me u should go to mosque as its important for a man to go to mosque because itz more rewarding than praying at home, so i followed his advice and i started to go to mosque and i felt so happy and peaceful than before. Later i was getting judged by some person in college he was a muslim and he was saying u are so religious and u be boring if u are going out with us when we finish college. This has got to me and i told my best friend about it and he said dont listen to him as he Is just jealous of you as he doesn’t go mosque. My best friend told me doesnt matter what people say as this life is temporary and all you ve taking away with is your deeds and nobody is going to help you including your friends and family as you are going to die on your own and be questioned alone, he also told me that i should hold on to the dean like you are holding on to hot coal and what ever you got something about this person dont keep it in your heart tell them to there face. My friend also told me that if i dont want to hang out i should tell them straight. After the conversation it was so deep what he told me and everything was correct as he knew what i was like in the past as i was weak. This helped me to get stronger and i am telling the person who judged me straight as now i go to mosque everyday and i thanked Allah for giving me a friends that reminds me of him and also follows the teaching of the prophet SAW. The problem is me and my friend we use to text each other everyday when we were in collegs and now we text each other 2 days, as when i text him on the 3rd day he doesnt respond so i just leave it for a week and i text him and he responds and we talk for 2 days again and i text him the next day no respond and we leave it for a week. I am the only one who always text him first please help me I am not sure what i am doing wrong. Jazak Allah khair.

Answer

About Kaighla Um Dayo

Kaighla Um Dayo is the Ask About Islam editor. She is also a regular contributor at islamwich.com, where she ruminates on life as a Muslim American. Her favorite things are meditation, painting, drinking tea, and being outside in nature.