Do Men Need First Wife's Approval to Marry Another Woman? | About Islam
Home > Ask About Islam > Do Men Need First Wife’s Approval to Marry Another Woman?

Do Men Need First Wife’s Approval to Marry Another Woman?

Ann

Aug 16, 2017

Question

I have several questions about Islam that I can't really come to understanding myself. I'm a Muslim since I was born and want to keep believing that Islam is the truth, but I'm afraid that my belief has started to crumble. I feel so scared about this. Here's my second question: Do men need first wife's approval to marry another woman? I read somewhere that they don't, but isn't it just so unfair for women? Please help me.

Answer

About Idris Tawfiq

Idris Tawfiq was a British writer, public speaker and consultant.He became a Muslim around 15 years ago.For many years, he was head of religious education in different schools in the United Kingdom.Before embracing Islam, he was a Roman Catholic priest.He passed away in peace in the UK in February 2016 after a period of illness.May Allah (SWT) have mercy on him, and accept his good deeds. Ameen.