Is Decent Western Clothing Wrong for a Muslim Woman? | About Islam
Home > Ask About Islam > Is Decent Western Clothing Wrong for a Muslim Woman?

Is Decent Western Clothing Wrong for a Muslim Woman?

Anonymous

Feb 13, 2018

Question

Asslam-o-Alaikum! I have a question about clothing. I normally wear pants and shirts which are not included in the traditional clothes (shalwar kameez) in my country so people often tell me not to wear pants etc. I did only a little bit research and there is this one Hadith which says that the women who seem naked even if they are clothed will not enter paradise and wont even smell its fragrance. My question is that is pants and shirts (western clothing) wrong? And one more question of mine is that a person says prayers, she fasts, she has good manners and akhlaq, like she follows almost every saying of Allah (Haquq-ul-Ibad and Haquq-ul-Allah) and all that. Will she still not enter paradise? If she wont then doesn't clothing become equal to murder as it will nullify every good deed? I know Islam is right. I am just too confused. I hope you clear my confusion. Salam.

Answer

About Daud Matthews

Daud Matthews was born in 1938, he embraced Islam in 1970, and got married in Pakistan in 1973.

Matthews studied physics and subsequently achieved Chartered Engineer, Fellow of both the British Computer Society and the Institute of Management.He was working initially in physics research labs, he then moved to computer management in 1971. He lived and worked in Saudi Arabia from 1974 to 1997 first with the University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran,and then with King Saud University in Riyadh. He's been involved in da'wah since 1986.